Its getting warm outside and that means smoothies are making more of an appearance! While I love a good smoothie, I find that many of my clients do not choose a balanced smoothie. What do I mean when I say balanced smoothie? I mean a smoothie that will keep you full and provides nutrient dense ingredients. Many smoothies are packed with Sugar! You guys know how I feel about sugar. When clients ask about smoothies, I tell them the best thing to do is to make your own smoothie, this way you have control over exactly what is in that smoothie. It might take a little bit more time, but your body will thank you!
Peanut butter and Jelly Smoothie
- 1 -2 cups of coconut milk or almond milk (choose unsweetened vanilla if you like sweeter smoothies)
- 1 tablespoon of Flaxseed
- Handful of organic spinach
- 1-2 tablespoons of Peanut butter- make sure the only ingredient peanut butter , I like Santa Cruz organic dark roasted. You may also substitute almond butter or cashew butter for the peanut butter.
- 1 teaspoon of xct oil (coconut oil, I like bulletproof)
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- Protein powder of choice: I like primal kitchen collagen peptides or if you want to make this a chocolate peanut butter smoothie, use a chocolate protein powder. I recommend Paleo Pro ancient cacao. If you are vegan or just want to limit animal products, chose a pea protein or add hemp seeds.
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Step 1: Add your spinach and liquid into smoothie first
- Step 2: Add remaining ingredients
- Step 3: blend